In order to graduate from Our Lady of Mount Carmel High School, a student must meet the following:
1. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 over the four years at Mount Carmel High School.
2. Have completed required hours of Community Services.
3. Fulfill all financial obligations to the school.
• Should a student fail to meet the minimum academic requirements as outlined above, he/she will be required to repeat the year.
• The valedictorian and salutatorian will be chosen based on their four years average at Our Lady of Mount Carmel High School.
• Transfer students must have completed at least two years at OLMCHS with a minimum GPA of 2.0 in order to qualify for graduation.
• All graduates are expected to participate in the Parent’s Night and Graduation Ceremonies decently dressed.
• All fourth form students must attend all graduation practices and examinations in uniform.
• Transfers are not taken into consideration for valedictorian.
A fourth former who fails to comply with Our Lady of Mount Carmel High School rules at any time, up until he/she has formally graduated, runs the risk of being sanctioned. Sanctions include, but are not limited to, having the student:
1. Withdraw from MCHS; and/ or
2. Be disallowed from attending all Graduation activities; and/or
3. Be denied all awards and honors; and/or
4. Be denied a diploma; and/or
5. All the above
Students who maintain an average of A-(3.50-4.00) or better and are in good disciplinary standing are eligible for the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Honor Guard. Students who attain a GPA between 3.00-3.49 obtain a Second Honor Award.
• Awards are given during the assemblies at the beginning of the new semester.
• OLMCHS reserves the right to remove awards and all privileges from students who fail to live up to the OLMCHS Honor Code.
Good Samaritan Award
This award is given once a month to the student who displays Christian virtues and goes out of his/her way to serve his fellow brethren on and outside campus. It may be given to one or more students.
Student of the Month
This award is given to one student per form. It is bestowed upon a student who displays a positive attitude towards work, has a pleasant disposition and who has shown marked overall improvement.
Award of Excellence (End of Fourth Year)
This is awarded to any student who strives to live the Gospels in his/her daily life, shows leadership skills and initiative, and engages actively in community participation.
This award is given to any student(s) who displays the exemplary virtues associated with being an MCHS prolife student. In addition, the student is expected to be an advocate for the most vulnerable in our society such as the elderly, the unborn and those with special needs.
Mr. Benjamin Lemus Award:
This award is issued to a student who best exemplifies the virtues of humility, dedication, loyalty and has also demonstrated mastery and passion for the vocational-technical subjects.
St Thomas Aquinas Award
This award is given to any graduate who has demonstrated commitment to, and the desire to grow in his or her Catholic faith and who is an example of virtue and charity.